Saturday, February 11, 2012

[GenghisCon XXXIII] I will spare you the overused Shatner line

T-minus five days and counting until GenghisCon XXXIII starts. That's right kiddies, it is almost time to pack the bags and warm up the dice for 36 hours (9 - 4 hour slots) of almost non-stop roleplaying. Caffeine and sleep deprivation here I come. W00t!

This will be the fourth Denver gaming convention which I have attended, and I love them more and more each time I attend one. These are not the first Cons which I have ever attended. There were a few small Cons in college. But Genghis is the largest. (No, I have not yet been to the RPG promised land of GenCon, Indy. Which is sad for me. I will go some year. I promise.)

This time I am doing things a bit differently. Normally I would be playing more than a little bit of Pathfinder RPG. Not this time. Since I want to start saving PF for my every Wednesday night game (I will run out of things to play if I don't), I have avoided signing up for any PF slots. This means I am going to miss the specially written Venture-Captain special being prepared by JP Chapleau (http://chapleau.us/), who is the Pathfinder Society Venture-Captain for Colorado. I am a bit bummed about this because it is a one-shot which will not be repeated, but I have made arrangements which I cannot change (playtesting DCCRPG with the DCC Expendables FTW). In place of PF, I have signed up for 2 sessions of DCCRPG (one being the private Expendables game), and 7 (Yes. Count 'em. Seven.) sessions of Savage Worlds. It is going to be (as Barney Stinson from "How I Met Your Mother" says), wait for it, LEGENDARY. I can't wait. It is going to be so cool.

I have to add in one more piece of ultra-coolness. I am in 3 slots which are hosted by special guests. I am in two slots run by Sean Preston from Reality Blurs (http://realityblurs.com/) and one run by Clint Black from Pinnacle Entertainment. Like I said before LEGEND-wait for it-DARY. That is right! I am playing in two games run by the guy that wrote Realms of Cthulhu and Agents of Oblivion.

Twenty-eight hours of Savage Worlds. RunePunk, Slipstream, Realms of Cthulhu (run by Sean Preston), Deadlands, and more.

Thursday can't get here fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment