Tuesday, February 7, 2012

[Reverb Gamers 2012 Master List] Question #5

Atlas Games' "Reverb Gamers" group has published a list of questions. It is available from the Atlas Games site (http://www.atlas-games.com/pdf_storage/ReverbGamers2012MasterList.pdf).I am going to answer them, one at a time.


REVERB GAMERS 2012, #5: Have you ever introduced a child to gaming, or played a game with a
young person? How is gaming with kids different than gaming with adults?


I often end up gaming with teenagers when I play Pathfinder Society. Does that count? Didn't think so. I really don't game with kids all that often and I have no kids of my own, so this is not a good question for me.

I will say that the times when I have been at the table with children have been fun. They seem to be a bit more free with their imaginations. I will say that it does require adults at the table to "tone it down" with certain things. Some jokes and character concepts are considered inappropriate for kids, especially in this day and age. So, those should be avoided lest the parent sitting next to the kid at the gaming table get angry. It is important to keep things civil and PG or G rated. Other than watching what is said and acted out at the table, kids are fun to game with.

No comments:

Post a Comment