Tuesday, February 14, 2012

[Reverb Gamers 2012 Master List] Question #8

Atlas Games' "Reverb Gamers" group has published a list of questions. It is available from the Atlas Games site (http://www.atlas-games.com/pdf_storage/ReverbGamers2012MasterList.pdf).I am going to answer them, one at a time.


REVERB GAMERS 2012, #8: What's the one gaming accessory (lucky dice, soundtrack, etc.) you just
can't do without? Why?

I don't have any specific totems which I must have at the gaming table. I need books, dice, pencils, pens, paper, printouts of character sheets, and friends. But those are always going to be there and are necessary for the game to happen, but there aren't any special ones which I need.

I guess I am just not very superstitious.

I do prefer mechanical pencils to the standard #2 wooden pencil, but the reason is because it is inconvenient to have to sharpen pencils all the time. I also like to carry loose-leaf notebook paper with me, or a spiral notebook. It is handy to have paper for making notes during the game or for blue-noting the GM.

I want to mention something that I like to keep away from the table.

I don't like using electronics at the table. I like paper character sheets and hard-copy books. I only use real polyhedral dice. I find electronic gizmos to be way too distracting from the game for most people who use them, myself included. They get in the way of the game rather than enhance it.

No comments:

Post a Comment